Pages

Sunday, December 01, 2013

Vertical Limit Film

Vertical Limit film
Does anybody remeber the mountain climbing movie 'Vertical Limit'?
I do, because it was the first movie I watched after moving from my native Austria to Canada.

K2, with 8,610 meters (28,250 ft) the worlds second highest mountain is located in Pakistan's Karakoram Range. K2 is one of the most difficult mountains to climb and also know to be one of the deadliest.

The story is about a climber, Peter Garrett (Chris O'Donnell) who sets out on a dangerous rescue mission up on K2's death zone to save his sister Annie (Robin Tunney) and her climbing buddies who have become trapped after an avalanche.

What I especially remember about the Vertical Limit film are the often totally unrealistic scenes - as any climber or mountaineer quickly can tell.

Check out this 10-minute video and you'll see what I mean...

Vertical Limit Guide to Climbing
The 2000 climbing film takes climbing movies to new heights of incredulity. Unbelievable situations, such as taking nitroglycerin on a rescue mission on K2 m...


So? What do you think about the Vertical Limits film? Let me know in the comments below.

Resources: